Inflammation is when a part of the body becomes red, swollen, hot, and tender. It is how we, generally perceive illness and disease in our bodies. In fact, there are many who theorize that if it were not for inflammation, there would be no disease. I don’t know if I would go that far, but I do know that inflammation is a major contributing factor to many types of illnesses. The good thing to know is that we can use acupuncture for inflammation and it works…well!
So, when we perform acupuncture for inflammation here people don’t, usually, show up, saying, “I have inflammation.” This does happen when there is an injury but many problems that are helped when we use acupuncture for inflammation are not immediately identified as such.
What conditions can be helped by using acupuncture for inflammation?
- Injuries: This is the obvious one. When you have a sprained ankle or have torn a muscle, your body is hot, tender, and swollen. Inflammation is present and we know it because we can see it.
- Epilepsy: Here is a not so obvious way of using acupuncture for inflammation. A recent China Medical University study confirmed many other studies and showed a great reduction in quantity and severity of epileptic seizures caused by inflammation with the use of acupuncture for inflammation.
China Medical UniversityChina Medical UniversityChina Medical UniversityChina Medical University conducted research that showed that acupuncture for inflammation showed an effective outcome for patients with epilepsy caused by inflammation.
- Hay fever and other allergies: The response that is problematic with allergies, including hay fever, is the inflammation. In hay fever, we see inflammation in the nasal passage. Using acupuncture for inflammation can help you breath again.
- Periodontitis: This is really inflammation of the gums around the teeth. It can lead to bone loss and even loss of teeth if not treated. This can be a difficult one for some of us to deal with. Acupuncture for inflammation can make your oral health more manageable.
- Arthritis: All arthritis is inflammation in the joints.
- Atherosclerosis: This is a specific sort of arteriosclerosis caused by inflammation. Using acupuncture for inflammation can calm down this chronic inflammatory response.
These are just some of the disorders and diseases where inflammation is the cause or a major contributing factor. Get relief for yourself today through acupuncture for inflammation